Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year!
In addition to Lexington 2's Hybrid Instructional Model, full-time Virtual Academy, and mask requirement, Fulmer Middle School looks forward to employing the following strategies to provide social distancing procedures for our students enrolled in the Hybrid Face-to-Face Model:
- "Family" Style classes with teachers rotating from class to class to provide face-to-face instruction.
- A/B Lunch Rotations
- Half of the grade level will report to the recess area first, while the other half of the grade level reports to the cafeteria to eat lunch. At a designated time and through designated foot traffic patterns, students will swap spaces to enjoy recess and lunch in the cafeteria.
- To provide a picture of how this space will work, our cafeteria seats 708 students, and on average 30-40 students will be eating at a time in this space.
- A/B Related Arts Schedule
- Students will continue to be enrolled in 2 Related Arts courses of their choosing. Students will attend 1 Related Arts course per day for 80 minutes on an every other day rotation. For example, they will attend Band on A days and Physical Education on B days. Monday (A day), Tuesday, (B day), Wednesday (A day), Thursday (B day), Friday (A day), following Monday (B day), etc.
- This method will allow for streamlined cleaning procedures of equipment, computer keyboards, school-owned instruments, etc.
- The Media Center will be delivering requested books to students at their request by Homeroom.
- Dismissal will take place through an orchestrated method with bus students being dismissed by individual buses through overhead announcements. Car rider students will report to designated areas at dismissal to await car pick-up.
- Classrooms are arranged with desks that are spread out to accommodate the hybrid, face-to-face groups.
- Floor decals are strategically placed in student waiting areas (eg., hallways, cafeteria, etc.)
We are continuing to work collaboratively with Defender Services on cleaning/sanitizing, and classrooms will be equipped with cleaning items and hand sanitizer.
Again, we look forward to an exciting and safe school year ahead!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPrNdW4nG4A Source: Welcome Back Video